Travis Scott requests dismissal of Astroworld lawsuit, saying he’s not responsible for deaths & 300 injuries

After hundreds of lawsuits, Travis Scott has finally responded to them. Earlier this week, he issued a ‘general denial’ which claims that he is not responsible for the chaos. After the death of 10 and injuries to over 300 at his Astroworld festival, the lawsuits are piling up. Only one lawsuit alone, filed by by 282 victims, the rapper will have to pay $2 billion. Last week, the families of the deceased denied his offer to pay for the funeral.

After the tragedy at Astroworld festival killed 10 people and injured 300, lawsuits started to pile against Travis Scott

Although he offered to pay the funeral costs of the deceased, their families rejected this offer. At the same time, more and more people are coming forward with lawsuits. Initially, 175 victims, including the family of 21-year-old Axel Acosta, filed a lawsuit. Along with Travis Scott, Drake was also named in it. According to Acosta’s family attorney, he died due to cardiac arrest from being crushed under the crowd. He also said that the stampede occurred due to negligence. This lawsuit is worth $750 million which all parties named will have to pay.

Few days back, the news came out that a new lawsuit is filed which is worth $2 billion

According to the latest reports, the attorneys on both sides have requested that all lawsuits should be combined to make one case. This will combine 275 current lawsuits against Travis Scott, representing 1250 plaintiffs. In these lawsuits, the sued parties are Travis Scott, Drake, Live Nation, and Apple. Therefore, they will have to pay $2 billion in damages. According to the news, this is a standard procedure in Texas and will help streamline processes like evidence discovery and protection from conflicting judgments. In a statement, Live Nation said:

“We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time.”

https://twitter.com/TECHNOLASKO/status/1468278664202752003

Related: 9-Year-Old Astroworld Victim’s Parents Reject Travis Scott’s Offer To Pay For His Burial

Recently, Travis Scott asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuits and denied the responsibility

Wikimedia Commons

On Monday, Travis Scott filed legal documents to request the judge to dismiss one lawsuit. One festival attendee, Jessica Garcia sued him after sustaining injuries. However, the rapper wants that lawsuit dismissed as well with prejudice. According to the documents, Travis Scott has issued a general denial which means he does not take responsibility for the tragedy. At the same time, there are rumors that he will do the same for the rest of the lawsuits. Previously, his attorney, Petrocelli said:

‘Travis is devastated by the tragedy that occurred at the Astroworld Festival and grieves for the families whose loved ones died or were injured. Travis is committed to doing his part to help the families who have suffered and begin the long process of healing in the Houston community.’

Despite his plea, it’s the judge that will be making the final decision. Let’s hope the families and affected people get justice.

AstroworldAstroworld TragedyTravis Scott
Comments (0)
Add Comment