It has been quite a tumultuous few weeks for Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria Baldwin. Ever since the accidental shooting on the set of his movie Rust which proved fatal for cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, the 63-year-old actor has been the center of attention for all the wrong reasons. Now, after doing his first interview with ABC, the actor and his wife have now deactivated their social media accounts.
A revolver fired by Baldwin contained a live round that killed Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza on October 21. This was despite the fact that Baldwin was told that the revolver was a “cold gun,” meaning it had no live rounds. Baldwin was not aware that the gun contained a live bullet. Since then, he has spoken to the media twice. Once to paparazzi who were following him, and second in an interview to ABC’s George Stephanopolous on Thursday.
However, after the interview, Twitter users noticed on Sunday that Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria Baldwin had deactivated all their social media accounts. Moreover, there has been no statement from either Baldwin or his wife.
Alec Baldwin made some startling revelations in his first interview post-accidental shooting
Alec Baldwin’s interview with Stephanopolous made some startling revelations about the shooting. He said he was not aware that the gu had a live round. While talking to the host, he said he had one thing in common with Hutchins, saying:
(We both) had something profound in common, and that is we both assumed the gun was empty.
When the host asked Baldwin if he had any guilt over the incident, Baldwin categorically said no. He continued:
No. No. I feel that… someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me. Honest to God, if I felt that I was responsible, I might’ve killed myself if I thought that I was responsible. And I don’t say that lightly.
However, Baldwin said he “would go to any lengths to undo what happened”. Despite that, he refused to call himself a victim of the shooting, insisting that there were only “two” victims. By that, he was referring to Hutchins and director Souza. Moreover, what truly left everyone astounded was that he did not pull the trigger, saying:
No, no, no, no, no, I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them, never.
When the host asked Baldwin how a live bullet got on the set, Alec Baldwin responded:
I have no idea, someone put a live bullet in a gun, a bullet that wasn’t even supposed to be on the property.
Since the shooting, Alec Baldwin has been sued twice. However, the actor believes he will not face any criminal charges.