Dankanator
For Millennials. By Millennials.

Mission: Impossible 7 shuts down production again amid Positive COVID-19 test

0 82

COVID-19 has struck the Mission: Impossible 7 sets once again. After production being halted until June 14, MI7 production has paused once again amid another positive Coronavirus test. This time, however, rumors suggest that Tom Cruise himself has caught the virus. A second delay in the same month has raised further concerns about the Mission: Impossible 7 release date once again.

Related: When will the production of ‘Mission Impossible 7’ resume?

Mission: Impossible 7 shuts down production again amid Positive COVID-19 test
Paramount Pictures ©

Despite there being no proof, there is a lot of gossip flying around that it is indeed Tom Cruise who contracted COVID-19. This was because of his absence from the set of MI7, which led people to believe that Coronavirus might be the reason. A source told The Sun:

Filming on Mission: Impossible 7 is on hold again because of coronavirus. And this time, those working on the production have said they think Tom could be the possible cause of the postponement. Everyone on the set was told that filming was being stopped again because of a positive test. And since then, Tom hasn’t been on set once. Now people are speculating that he could have come into contact with the person who tested positive. And in some cases, people are even gossiping and saying it could be him.

Not the first time Mission: Impossible 7 experienced a production halt

Sadly, this is the second delay Mission: Impossible 7 has faced in June alone. And Cruise himself is someone who takes these COVID protocols very seriously. Last December, an audio leak from the set revealed the 58-year-old actor reprimanding his crew quite harshly over not following the necessary protocols. Cruise was castigating the crew to such an extent that the audio clip went viral on social media. He regularly used profanities in his conversation and said:

‘We are the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us, because they believe in us and what we’re doing. I’m on the phone with every f**king studio at night, insurance companies, producers, and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs, you motherf**kers. I don’t ever want to see it again. Ever!

And Cruise was quite apologetic about his words to the MI7 crew. In an interview with Empire Magazine, he said:

I said what I said. There was a lot at stake at that point… But it wasn’t my entire crew. I had the crew leave the set, and it was just select people.

Of course, what this means for the MI7 release date is still uncertain. However, with an almost month-long delay at hand, one can expect the release date to be pushed from May 7, 2022, to some other date. Apart from Cruise, MI7 will feature Hayley Atwell, Simon Pegg, and Vanessa Kirby.

Related: Tom Cruise Lashes out at ‘Mission Impossible 7’ Crew for not following Safety Protocols

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More