Motorola Razr 2020 | Does It Make the Same Mistake as Samsung?
It doesn't but it is not flawless either.
The spin-off of the most popular Motorola phones of the early 2000s is almost here. The all-new Motorola Razr 2020 is due to hit the market next year. To everyone’s surprise, there’s no visible or even feel-able crease on the screen. The hinge mechanism is a one-off and it delivers what Samsung Galaxy Fold or Huawei Mate X could not.
Is Motorola Razr 2020 a better phone than Samsung Galaxy Fold?
It’s safe to say that the era of foldable phones is upon us. The year 2019 saw companies like Samsung and Huawei showcase their versions of the technology. One such example is the Motorola Razr 2020. It not only brings back the nostalgia but also delivers what Samsung could not. Apart from a few shortcomings, I think it might be the best foldable phone to date.
Let’s get a few of Razr’s Mistakes out of the way.
The all-new Motorola Razr 2020 might be the best of it’s kind but it doesn’t do so without making a few mistakes of its own.
- The processor is not a beast like other flagships.
- Motorola phones aren’t known for their cameras and this is not going to change that either.
- It’s exclusive to Verizon and operates on e-SIM, increasing the chances of being locked down.
- The price tag. At almost $1500, Motorola Razr 2020 is certainly not for everyone.
- The screen. It’s crease-less and looks amazing but it doesn’t guarantee durability
The list is long but the Razr 2020 shares just one with Galaxy Fold. The price. However, unlike Samsung, Motorola didn’t market it as a ‘phone-for-everyone’ but something rare and exclusive. Razr was announced at a private party where the main attraction was Diplo.
In my opinion, it’s the marketing that sets Razr 2020 apart from Samsung Galaxy fold. Just like it’s predecessor (Razr V3), the Motorola Razr 2020 is a status symbol. Its exclusivity and rarity make the price tag more of a marketing strategy than a mistake.